Costa Rica Vacation & Travel Packages | Adventure & All Inclusive Family Vacations by Gray Line Travel Agency
In case of an emergency, dial 911
- Leave your expensive jewelry and a backup for your laptop at home. Also, make a copy of your passport so you can take that around with you rather than the original.
- At the airport, do not leave your luggage unattended or with a stranger and do not carry any stranger's luggage through customs or immigration.
- Always, take care of your belongings; even on buses or taxis.
- Remember, credit cards and traveler checks are good tools when you travel. Do not carry large amounts of cash.
- Learn the currency exchange rate from a reliable source (online or at a local bank) and try to exchange at official banks whenever possible.
- Whenever possible, leave your passport and valuable items in your hotel’s safety box.
- Beware of the sun! In Costa Rica you are closer to the equator; hence, the sun’s ultraviolet rays are much more direct and stronger. Use sunscreen whenever possible.
- Please, make an effort to minimize your impact on our national parks. Do not liter or feed any animals.
- Avoid crowds as well as dark and empty places. Watch out for pickpockets.
- Do not give money to people in the streets.
- Use official taxi’s; they are painted red or orange.
- In Costa Rica, we are not good drivers. Cars do not yield to other cars or pedestrians! Be careful whenever you cross a street.
- Avoid driving at night. If someone asks you to pull over, do not do so until you are in a well-lit and safe place.
- If your tire burst, be wary of "friendly" people stopping to help… and rob you!
- Do not leave your luggage in the car, especially if it's visible.
- Pack your common sense and enjoy Costa Rica!